Private Entities are required to have an ATF Explosives License or Permit to purchase and display fireworks. Other supporting documents are also required.
Examples of Private Entities:
1. Private Individuals – Mr. John Doe
2. Private Organizations – Jaycees, VFW, Lions Club
3. Private Groups – (City Name) Homeowners Association
4. Private Business – IBM Corporation, K-Mart, Joe’s Gas Station
ATF Explosive Limited Permit – Type 60 (coupons)
A. At pickup, bring the following documents with you:
1. A valid photo ID
2. Written “Statement of Intent”
3. An ATF Coupon – Both Parts “A” & “B”
4. ATF “Limited Permittee Transaction Report” (ATF form 5400.4)
B. Persons authorized to pick up fireworks:
1. A valid photo ID is required at pick up.
2. Only those persons listed as a “Responsible Person” on your “ATF Notice of Clearance” can pick up the fireworks. “Employee Possessors” cannot pick up the fireworks.